Spinach & Feta Puffs
Traditional Style ButterVacuum Sealed CheeseCreamFetaHoney
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 15 ml First Choice Olive Oil
- 125 g First Choice Cream
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 200 g spinach blanched, drained and chopped
- 150 g First Choice Feta
- 100 g First Choice Mature Cheddar
- 1 roll puff pastry egg wash for brushing (1 egg beaten with 30 ml milk)
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 5 ml garlic and herb seasoning
- First Choice Honey for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease in a muffin pan very well.
- Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan and add the onion and garlic. Cook until soft and golden brown. Season.
- Beat together the cream, egg, and egg yolk.
- In a separate bowl combine the spinach, feta, and onion. Add the cream mixture and use a fork to mix and combine it together.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to ± 33 cm x 44 cm. Cut the pastry sheet into 12 squares (± 11 cm x 11cm ). Line the muffin pan with the pastry squares. Press into the bottom of the muffin cups.
- Evenly divide the spinach filling amongst the cups. Sprinkle with the garlic and herb seasoning.
- Brush the 4 pastry points with egg wash and bring them together, covering the filling, press them together. Lightly brush with more egg wash.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until golden and puffy. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then use a knife to loosen around the edges and help pop them out.
- Drizzle with a little bit of honey and serve while still warm.