Savoury Dutch Baby Pancake
Traditional Style ButterVacuum Sealed CheeseCottage CheeseCustard
- 4 tbsp First Choice Salted Butter, plus additional butter for serving
- 160 g First Choice Custard, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 80 g cake flour, sifted
- black pepper
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp First Choice White Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- salad herbs, for serving
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 60 g crispy fried bacon
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees C. Place 2 tablespoons of butter in a 20 cm cast iron skillet or 20 cm cake tin. Place the skillet or cake tin in the centre of the oven for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, First Choice Custard, flour, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons melted butter. Whisk until the batter is smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine the First Choice Cheese, thyme and chives. Remove the hot skillet/cake tin from the oven and pour the batter into the skillet/cake tin.
- Sprinkle the cheese/herb mix evenly over the batter. Place the skillet in the centre of the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pancake is fully puffed and browned on top.
- Meanwhile, toss the salad herbs with lemon juice and season with salt. Remove the Dutch Baby from the oven and top with a small pat of First Choice Butter.
- Finish with crispy bacon, salad greens, and a pinch of black pepper. Serve and enjoy!