Custard Pancakes With Crispy Bacon And Honey
Traditional Style ButterCustardHoney
For the pancakes:
- 180 g self-raising flour
- 1 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 330 ml First Choice Custard
- 80 ml sunflower oil
- 30 g First Choice Butter, melted (for brushing)
- 200 g crispy fried streaky bacon
- 60 ml First Choice Honey
- baby herb salad
- Sieve together the flour and salt in a bowl.
- Mix together the eggs, custard and the sunflower oil.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well to make the batter. The batter must have a dropping consistency.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat and brush the pan with some of the melted butter.
- Drop tablespoons of batter into the frying pan and fry the pancakes for about 2 minutes on each side until cooked and golden brown.
- Stack the pancakes (4 per person) and serve topped with crispy bacon and a drizzle of honey.
- Garnish with baby herb salad leaves.