Corn and Cheese Bread with Chakalaka
Full Cream AmasiTraditional Style ButterVacuum Sealed Cheese
For the Bread:
- 150 g sliced leeks
- 60 g First Choice Butter
- 300 g cake flour
- 20 ml baking powder
- 2,5 ml salt
- 15 ml garlic and herb seasoning
- 240 g First Choice Mature Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 300 g corn kernels, cut off the cob (about 2)
- 200 g tinned sweetcorn
- 3 eggs
- 125 ml First Choice Amasi
- 150 g vine tomatoes
- 250 ml chakalaka
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Grease and line a deep loaf pan with baking paper.
- Sauté the leeks in the First Choice Butter and season.
- Sieve together the flour, baking powder and the salt and mix in the garlic and herb seasoning and First Choice Mature Cheese.
- In a separate bowl – combine the corn kernels, sweetcorn and the leeks.
- Beat together the eggs and the First Choice Amasi and add it to the corn mixture.
- Combine the corn mixture with the dry ingredients and mix gently to make the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes then gently top with the vine tomatoes.
- Bake for another ±20 minutes until cooked and golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter and chakalaka as accompaniment.