Apple and Cheese Muffins
Full Cream AmasiGrated CheeseTraditional Style Butter
- 260g cake flour
- 20ml baking powder
- 75g castor sugar
- 5ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 300ml First Choice Amasi
- 125ml sunflower oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 125g First Choice Mature Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
For the crumble:
- 50g cake flour
- 20g brown sugar
- 30g First Choice butter (room temperature)
- Apple slices for baking
- TO MAKE THE CRUMBLE: Mix together the flour and brown sugar. Rub in the butter. Keep aside. (The mixture must be crumbly.)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a muffin pan with muffin papers or grease very well.
- TO MAKE THE MUFFINS: Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and castor sugar into a bowl. Mix in the grated cheese and the chopped apple.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, amasi, oil and the lemon zest and whisk together.
- Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and mix until just combined. DO NOT overmix the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the lined muffin moulds.
- Sprinkle with the crumble mixture and press some apple slices into the muffins.
- Bake for ±20 mins or until cooked and golden brown.
- Serve with First Choice butter and more grated First Choice mature cheddar cheese.