Trifle Ice-Cream Cake
- 2 x 250g mini swiss rolls
- 50 ml sherry or port (optional)
- 750 ml First Choice Strawberry Velvet, chilled for a few hours
- 250 ml First Choice Vanilla Velvet, very chilled
- 125 ml First Choice Custard
- 300 g fresh raspberries
- 200 ml fresh cream, whipped
- 1 tin sliced peaches in syrup, drained mini meringues
- icing sugar for dusting
- Line a 24 cm loose-bottomed cake tin with baking paper (do the bottom and sides, sides must be about 10 cm high).
- Cut one packet of the mini swiss rolls into slices of about 1 cm each and line the bottom of the cake tin with swiss roll slices. Drizzle over half of the sherry.
- Whip the Strawberry Velvet until fluffy but still a little runny. Pour half of the mixture over the swiss roll. Place in freezer for 1 hour to set. Keep the other half whipped Strawberry Velvet in the fridge to use later.
- Whip the Vanilla Velvet until fluffy but still a little runny and add the custard. Whip to combine. Pour half of the mixture on top of the strawberry layer and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Cut the rest of the swiss roll in slices and place on top of the vanilla/custard layer and sprinkle with the rest of the sherry.
- Top with the rest of the whipped Vanilla Velvet and smooth out with a spatula.
- Arrange a layer of fresh raspberries on top of the Vanilla Velvet layer and place in the freezer for 1 hour to set.
- Remove from the freezer and spoon the rest of the whipped Strawberry Velvet on top. Cover with clingwrap and freeze overnight.
- Remove the cake from the tin, peel off the paper and place it on a serving plate. Spoon the whipped cream on top of the cake and garnish generously with the peach slices, more raspberries and some baby meringues or chocolate curls. Allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.