Sweet Corn Bites with Pancetta
Vacuum Sealed CheeseCreamVelvet
- 15 ml First Choice Olive Oil
- 15 g First Choice Butter
- 150 g pancetta
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 small fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 500 g corn off the cob
- 70 g self-raising flour
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 125 g First Choice Mature Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 125 ml First Choice Vanilla Velvet
- 125 ml First Choice Cream
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a muffin pan very well. Cut strips of baking paper and line each muffin hole (this will help to lift out the corn bakes after baking).
- Heat the First Choice Oil in a frying pan and cook half of the pancetta. Remove from the pan and chop. Keep aside.
- Add the First Choice Butter to the pan and saute the spring onion and fennel for about 2 minutes. Add the red pepper and cook for another minute. Season and add to the chopped pancetta.
- Combine the corn, flour and the cooked spring onion mixture and mix well. Mix in the First Choice Mature Cheddar grated cheese.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, First Choice Vanilla Velvet and the First Choice Cream. Mix well and add to the corn mixture.
- Mix well to make the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the lined muffin holes and top with the rest of the pancetta.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Reduce the heat after 10 minutes to 160°C.
- Serve immediately with more chopped spring onion as garnish.
OPTIONAL: bake in a large ovenproof dish for a casserole instead of making individual ones.