Smoked Trout Quiches
Full Cream AmasiTraditional Style ButterVacuum Sealed CheeseFeta
- 6 sheets phyllo pastry
- 75g First Choice Butter, melted
- 2 shallots, sliced and cooked
- 250g hot smoked trout
- 150g First Choice Mature Cheddar, grated
- 100g First Choice Feta, crumbled
- 30ml chopped thyme
- 30ml chopped dill
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 eggs
- 100ml cream
- 100ml First Choice Amasi
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease 8 loose-bottomed quiche pans (10 cm diameter).
- Brush 3 phyllo pastry sheets with the melted butter and stack.
- Cut into 4 rectangles and line 4 of the greased quiche pans. Repeat with the rest of the pastry.
- Combine the cooked shallots, trout, mature cheddar, feta, thyme, dill and the lemon zest in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Divide the mixture equally between the 8 phyllo pastry lined quiche pans.
- TO MAKE THE EGG CUSTARD: In a small bowl combine the eggs, cream and amasi. Season with salt and pepper and mix well with a whisk.
- Pour the egg mixture over the filling in the quiches and bake for ± 20 mins until cooked and golden brown. If the pastry becomes too dark, cover the quiches gently with foil until cooked.
- Garnish with fresh dill.