Quick Pan Pizza
Traditional Style ButterVacuum Sealed Cheese
For the dough:
- 160 g self-raising flour
- 25 ml salt
- 160 g First Choice Yoghurt
- 50 g First Choice Butter, melted
For the sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 80 ml tomato passata
- 30 ml tomato sauce
- 15 ml First Choice Olive Oil
- 5 ml dried oregano
- 25 ml paprika
- salt and black pepper to taste
For the topping
- 80 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 100 g First Choice cheddar cheese, grated
- 140 g baby tomatoes, halved and seasoned
- fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Grease a cast iron pan very well with olive oil.
- Mix together the self-raising flour and salt. Combine the yoghurt and the melted butter and add to the flour. Mix until it starts to come together, then turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for a few minutes to make the dough. Rest the dough for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions and roll out onto a floured surface to fit your pan.
- Cook the pizza base on one side on medium heat until the bottom is golden brown then place it in the oven to bake for 5 minutes to get the top golden brown too.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly on the pizza, then top with some of the cheese, then the baby tomatoes and lastly add more cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake until the cheese has melted – about 12 minutes.
- Top with shredded basil leaves and serve immediately.