Pumpkin Flapjacks with Caramelised Banana and Caramel Dessert Topping
Traditional Style ButterFull Cream AmasiDessert Toppings
- 150g cooked pumpkin, mashed
- 260ml First Choice amasi
- 2 eggs
- 80ml sunflower oil
- 190g cake flour
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 2,5ml salt
- 10ml baking powder
- 5ml ground cinnamon
- First Choice butter for pan frying the pancakes
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 30g First Choice butter
- 60g First Choice caramel dessert topping
- First Choice caramel dessert topping
- Cinnamon sugar for sprinkling
- Combine the amasi, eggs, and the oil, mix well then add the pumpkin and blend it all together – you can use a stick blender.
- Mix together the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and the cinnamon.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and mix to make the batter. Do not over mix the batter.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add a little butter.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the batter into the pan. Cook on the first side until bubbles form all over the top of the flapjacks.
- Flip the flapjacks and cook 1–2 mins on the second side. Keep warm while you make the rest.
- TO MAKE THE CARAMELISED BANANAS: Heat the butter in a frying pan, add the caramel dessert topping and heat till caramelised. Add the bananas and cook for 1 min in the caramel. Remove and serve with the flapjacks.
- Serve the caramelised banana on top of your pancakes, drizzle with more caramel dessert topping and sprinkle over some cinnamon sugar.