Passionfruit Custard Croissant Pudding
Long Life MilkTraditional Style ButterCustardWhipping Cream
- 6 medium sized all-butter croissants
- 80g First Choice Butter, melted
- 30ml passionfruit pulp
For the Custard:
- 750ml First Choice Custard
- 350ml First Choice Milk
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 4 eggs
- 100g castor sugar
- 80ml passionfruit pulp
- 200ml First Choice Whipping Cream
- Passionfruit pulp for drizzling
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Combine the 80g melted butter and the 30ml passionfruit pulp.
- Cut the croissants in half, horizontally and brush with the melted butter and passionfruit pulp. Sandwich the croissants together again and cut in half. Place into a rectangular ovenproof baking dish.
- Combine the custard, milk and lemon zest in a saucepan and heat – do not allow to boil.
- Beat the eggs and the castor sugar together and add the warm custard mixture to the eggs whilst stirring.
- Add the passionfruit pulp. Pour the mixture over the croissant halves.
- Set aside for 15 minutes to allow the croissants to soak up the custard (optional).
- Bake the pudding in the oven for about 25 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a cooling rack.
- Whip the cream and spoon dollops of cream on the pudding. Drizzle over some more passionfruit pulp.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.