Harvest Strawberry Doughnuts
Harvest Oat Drink Dessert Toppings
- 180g (350ml) cake flour
- 5ml baking powder
- 90g (110ml) castor sugar
- 1ml salt
- 80ml sunflower oil
- 150ml First Choice Harvest Oat Drink
- 130g diced strawberries
- 5ml vanilla extract
For the glaze:
- 130g (250ml) icing sugar, sifted
- 15ml First Choice Harvest Oat Drink
- 20g First Choice Strawberry Dessert Topping
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Spray 2 doughnut pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix in the castor sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oil, Harvest, the diced strawberries and the vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix gently to combine. Spoon the batter into the prepared doughnut pan, filling to about three-quarters full (do not overfill).
- Bake for ± 10 mins until cooked. Cool for a few minutes in the pan, then carefully transfer the doughnuts to a wire rack to cool.
- TO MAKE THE GLAZE: Combine the icing sugar, Harvest and the strawberry dessert topping. Mix well to combine to make a dipping consistency smooth glaze.
- Dip the cooled doughnut tops into the glaze and allow to drip. Decorate with fresh strawberries and a dusting of icing sugar.