Custard, Lemon and Blueberry Tart
Whipping CreamHoneyCustardTraditional Style Butter
For the crust:
- 3 sheets of phyllo pastry, halved lengthwise
- 60g First Choice Butter, melted
- 200g fresh blueberries
- 75ml castor sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 30ml cornflour
- 3 egg yolks
- 30ml lemon juice
- 250ml First Choice Custard
- 150ml soured cream
- 150g blueberries
- ±25ml First Choice Honey
- 200ml First Choice Whipping Cream
- More fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Brush the halved phyllo pastry sheets with the melted butter and stack.
- Line a greased rectangular loose-bottomed pie dish with the phyllo sheets and trim off any excess pastry or tuck it in.
- Sprinkle 150g of the blueberries evenly over the pastry.
- Combine the castor sugar, cornflour, salt, egg yolks, lemon juice and the zest and mix well. Add the custard and the soured cream and mix well.
- Pour the custard mixture over the blueberries into the crust and sprinkle over the rest (50g) of the blueberries. Bake for about 25 mins until the custard is set and golden on top and the pastry crisp and golden brown. If the pastry becomes too dark during baking, cover the tart with foil whilst baking.
- Cool completely.
- TO ROAST THE BLUEBERRIES: Place the blueberries in a small ovenproof dish, drizzle over the honey and bake in the oven for about 15 mins. Cool completely.
- Whip the cream and swirl in the roasted blueberries. Spoon some of the roasted blueberry cream on top of the tart and serve with the rest on the side.