Creamy Chilli brown Butter Steak & Mushroom Pasta
CreamTraditional Style Butter
- 750 g tenderised steak, cut into strips
- 100 g First Choice Butter
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 green chillie, chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary salt and pepper for taste
- 2 tbsp steak and chop spice/rub
- 1 punnet mushrooms, sliced
- 1 packet tagliatelle, boiled in salted water until al dente (keep a cup of the pasta water)
- 250 ml First Choice Cream dried parsley
- In a pot, on medium heat, melt the butter and allow it to brown until a “nutty” smell starts to emit.
- Add the garlic, chilli and rosemary to the butter and braise for roughly 30 seconds.
- Add the steak to the garlic butter along with the salt, pepper and steak and chops spice, stir and allow to cook for around 20 minutes, covered with the lid.
- Add the mushrooms and allow them to cook until almost all the water has cooked away.
- Add the cream to the steak then finally add the pasta along with the pasta water, stir to combine and serve warm, topped with a sprinkle of dried parsley.