Chocolate Lava Cakes
Traditional Style ButterCustard
- 80 g dark chocolate
- 80 g First Choice Butter
- 160 g First Choice Custard
- 40 g cake flour cocoa powder for dusting
- Place the dark chocolate and the First Choice Butter in a bowl and melt in the microwave, or over a pot of hot water.
- Add the First Choice Custard and stir together.
- Sift in the flour and beat for 5 minutes.
- Brush five 100ml (5cm x 5cm) dariole moulds with the melted First Choice Butter and dust well with cocoa powder, gently tapping out the excess.
- Spoon the mixture into the dariole moulds, dividing the mixture evenly amongst the five. Then place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or longer if you are preparing these in advance.
- When you are ready remove the dariole moulds from the fridge and place it on a baking tray for easy handling.
- Bake at 200˚C for approximately 12 minutes.
- It’s good to do one first as a tester to check the exact time you need, as all ovens are a little different.
- Remove from the oven, demould directly onto the serving plate and dust with cocoa powder, serve immediately.