Chocolate Cherry Malva Pudding & Custard
Traditional Style ButterCreamCustardLong Life Milk
- 250 g castor sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 240 g flour
- 40 g cocoa
- 7.50 ml bicarb
- 1 pinch of salt
- 40 g First Choice Butter, melted
- 45 ml cherry jam
- 20 ml vinegar
- 250 ml First Choice Milk
- 200 g maraschino cherries
- First Choice Vanilla Flavoured Custard, to serve
- 180 ml First Choice Cream
- 50 g First Choice Butter
- 100 g muscovado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Grease a 25cm x 20cm oven dish.
- Use an electric beater to whisk the castor sugar and eggs together for two minutes, until thick and
- Sift the flour, cocoa, bicarb, and salt into a separate bowl. Combine the melted butter, cherry jam,
vinegar and milk in a jug.
- Add half of the wet ingredients to the egg mixture and mix. Then add half of the dry ingredients and
mix again. Alternate between the wet and dry ingredients until combined. Fold in the cherries.
- Pour the batter into the greased dish. Bake for 40 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out
- During the last 10 minutes of baking time prepare the sauce.
- Place the cream, butter, and muscovado sugar in a saucepan. Stir together over medium heat until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved. Bring the sauce to a boil then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 2
minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Remove the pudding from the oven and use a skewer to poke holes in the top. Pour the hot sauce
over the pudding and leave to stand for a few minutes. Serve the malva pudding with First Choice
Vanilla Flavoured Custard.
- Serving idea: add sprinkles or glitter for a festive dessert!