Chicken a la King
Traditional Style ButterVacuum Sealed CheeseCreamLong Life Milk
- 600 g chicken fillets, cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 30 ml First Choice Olive Oil
- 60 g First Choice Butter
- 250 g portabelini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into strips
- 50 ml flour
- 250 ml First Choice Cream
- 300 ml First Choice Milk
- 100 g First Choice Mature Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 30 ml chopped parsley
- salt and black pepper
- Heat the First Choice Olive Oil in a frying pan on high heat and add the chicken. Do not stir immediately – wait for the chicken to sear. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic and some salt and black pepper – lightly brown the chicken then remove it from the frying pan and keep aside.
- Add the First Choice Butter to the frying pan on medium heat and add the mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms are almost dry then add the peppers. Season and cook for about 3 minutes to soften the peppers.
- Remove from the heat and add the cooked chicken to the vegetables.
- Add the flour, stir well and slowly add the First Choice Cream and the First Choice Milk. Stir well and return the saucepan to the heat.
- Stir until it starts to boil, remove from the heat and stir in the cheese and parsley.
- Serve with rice or pasta of choice.
- Garnish with more chopped parsley.