15-minute ‘Spring greens’ soup
- 750 ml vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 200 g leeks, white parts only, sliced into chunks
- 250 g broccoli, sliced into florets
- 250 g frozen/fresh peas
- a generous handful baby spinach
- a small handful fresh mint leaves, stalks discarded
- 125 ml First Choice Cream
- salt & pepper, to taste
For Serving: (optional)
- a swirl of First Choice Cream
- a few drops of extra virgin olive oil
- a few tablespoons pumpkin seeds, smoked & roasted
- croutons, or ciabatta brushed with olive oil and toasted
- a few fresh pea shoots
- a few mint leaves
- a few sugar snap peas, finely sliced
- Place the stock in a medium-size pot over medium heat. While it is heating up, place the leeks and broccoli in a food processor and pulse until it matches the size of peas.
- Add the pulsed vegetables along with the peas to the stock and bring to a boil. As soon as it boils, turn down the heat and simmer for 4 minutes, then add the spinach and simmer for another minute.
- Remove from the heat and carefully ladle into a powerful blender. Add the mint and cream and blend to a very smooth puree.
- Season generously with salt & pepper, then mix well. Serve at once, with a swirl of cream and your choice of toppings and bread (can also be served at room temperature).